“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” ~Henry David Thoreau"Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." ~HDT
"Humility like the darkness, reveals the heavenly lights." ~HDT
"It often happens that a man is more humanely related to a cat or dog than to any human being." ~Henry David Thoreau
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." ~HDT

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around." ~Henry David Thoreau.16/05/2005
"Men are probably nearer the central truth in their superstitions than in their science." ~Henry David Thoreau
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." ~Henry David Thoreau
"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." ~HDT
"The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run." ~Henry David Thoreau
"They are so greedy and impetuous that they are frequently caught by being entangled in the line the moment it is cast." ~Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862), U.S. philosopher, author, naturalist.
"This world is but canvas to our imaginations." ~Henry David Thoreau
"We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn." ~HDT

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence." ~HDT