"Before you taste anything, recite a blessing." ~Rabbi Akiva
"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." ~Mother Teresa (Agnes Gonxha Bojarhiu)
"You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins."~Jim Stovall~
"The province of knowledge is to speak; the privilege of wisdom is to listen." ~Anon
"Thousands kiss the books outside, who never look within." ~Anon

Friday, June 24, 2011

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~Abraham Lincoln

"Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people" ~

"Die when I may, I want it said of me that I plucked a weed and planted a flower where ever I thought a flower would grow." ~

"He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help." ~

"Let the people know the truth and the country is safe"~

"Let's "greet this day with a forgiving spirit!" ~Abraham Lincoln

“People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”" ~Abraham Lincoln


"This nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."~Abraham Lincolm

~Abraham Lincoln